CBSPAN promotes quality and cost effective care for patients, their families, and the community through public and professional education, and standards of practice.
This is accomplished by:
- Uniting professional PeriAnesthesia Nurses (RN’s and LPN’s) for the purpose of maintaining a society dedicated to the promotion of professional standards of perianesthesia nursing care.
- Providing quality nursing care for the perianesthesia patient through compliance with the standards of ASPAN and CBSPAN.
- Conducting meetings at regular intervals to discuss and exchange information in the field of perianesthesia nursing.
- Discussing common issues and possible solutions through meetings and networking.
- Encouraging education and promoting professional growth through regularly scheduled lectures.
- Promoting membership in ASPAN and CBSPAN, the perianesthesia professional organizations.
CBSPAN is composed of four districts from the states of Maryland and Delaware, and the District of Columbia. They are District 1-Baltimore, District 2-DC, District 3-Eastern Shore, District 4-Western Maryland